Hydraulic Push Pointing
Hydraulic Push Pointing is the forming of a tubular component by means of a horizontal press whereby the component is clamped and a multi-die forming head is traversed over the workpiece, forming it to the required profile.
Our 50-tonne hydraulic push pointing unit is able to accept components up to a maximum start size of 125mm in a variety of steels.
The profiles achievable can be:
- Round to round, stepped down in multiple passes.
- Round to square – hexagon or star profile (as shown in capacity page)
- Mild steel tube – 125mm x 6mm
- Mild steel solid (cold) – 40mm
- Non-ferrous solid – 50mm
- Minimum point size – 10mm
- Maximum parra length – 250mm